Monday, September 13, 2010

My Lucky Day


Today when I checked my mail I had a large package containing John Cullinane's complete works on the history of Irish dance.  I did an Irish jig at the mailbox.  I am not kidding. 

For awhile now I have been wanting to know about the real history of Irish dance.  Most of Celtic history (and Ireland history) was passed down by word of mouth and there is very little written on the history of Irish dance.  Expect to see some reviews of Mr. Cullinane's work, which are considered to be the most comprehensive volumes written about Irish dance history.

And then, I checked my email and, low and behold, I won a prize package from my friend Michelle over on her book blog.  She posts regularly and is very insightful, I suggest you check out her site.  Imagine my surprise when she emailed to let me know that she lives ten minutes from my house!  We have never met in person (yet). 

This is how she described the package that I won:  "It will have fun stuff like a B&N gift card, a book or two, maybe a pair of tickets to a local attraction, along with a couple of other surprises". 
Yay!  Thanks Michelle. 


Here's hoping that your day is lucky too!