Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nuts and Bolts Snack Mix

Ann Whitford Paul's how to book about writing picture books for children has everything you need to get started.  The nuts and bolts.  The kitchen sink.  :)  You get the picture.

Nuts and Bolts Snack Mix

1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup craisins
1 cup strawberried peanut butter M&Ms

Dump all the ingredients into a container or baggie and shake together (kids love this recipe). 

*You can probably see from the picture how I did not use the strawberried peanut butter M&Ms.  I went to four different stores searching for them, but they must be discontinued.  If you can find them, definately use them.  Trust me on this one. Yum.  And they are more colorful.  But alas, I used chocolate chips instead because I had to have some chocolate in there somewhere!