Monday, November 29, 2010

NaNoWriMo turns into something else

I began NaNoWriMo this month for the first time, thinking that I would write like mad and finish my WIP.  That might have worked if I had been at the beginning of my novel, but I am dead set in the middle.  Who knew middles could be so hard. 



November has been a good writing month regardless.  I attended Dave Farland's Writing Death Camp a week ago and what I gained there is better than any word count I could have acheived holed up on my computer for the month of November. 

  • Networking-I met some amazing people who took my writing seriously.  Who else but writers consider your characters as real people?
  • The mental block that kept me from writing my middle and end has been lifted-thanks Dave.
  • I started my book in a new spot and it made a huge difference. 
  • I re-affirmed that, yes, I can write a novel and I am a writer.