Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo

As if my busy life isn't frantic and crazy enough, I am committing myself to National Novel Writing Month 2010.  "Committing"-it sounds like someone is going to take me away ha ha, to the funny farm, where life is wonderful all the time...

So I am attending a Death Camp that writer David Farland is hosting later on this month in St. George, Utah and I want to get as much of my novel fleshed out as I can before I go. 

I don't know if I'll make 50,000 words by Nov 30th, but my ultimate goal is to get my rough draft finished by Jan 1st.  And we all know that 50,000 words does not a novel make. 

Unfortunately, I am an extremely slow writer, about 300-500 words per hour.  Perhaps the hurry up and write mentality will force me to stop analyzing my writing as I go and I'll be able to crank it out. 

Is anyone else participating this year?  If you are interested in doing so, go to nanowrimo.org and check it out.