Friday, August 19, 2011

Upcycling Book Crafts from an un-crafty me


I am not much of a scrapbooker or crafter.  But every now and then I get the urge to create something with my hands.

My fourteen-year-old sister is at the Wyoming state county fair this week, showing her lambs.  I found a retro children's book called Frisky at the Fair and immediately thought about the cool upcycling books that I've seen around.

I've taken apart the book and cleaned it up a bit, inserted scrapbook pages to hold photos of my sister at fairs with her lambs and created some neato envelopes to glue inside.  Now I just need to get ahold of some recycled blank paper to put in-between the original story pages.  I'll have it bound and my sister will have one of the only crafty things I've ever made as a keepsake.

I'm entering this craft into a giveaway from a friend I know from high school.  Head on over and check out Candice's Artsy Challenge. She's way more artsy than I!