Monday, September 26, 2011

Book signing, Amber Argyle author of Witch Song

Amber Argyle, author of Witch Song and Christy Dorrity
On Saturday I ran over to Barnes and Noble in Layton and met Amber Argyle, author of Witch Song. I had a chance earlier this month to review an ARC of the book and do an interview for an article that ran in the Syracuse Islander

Amber is way fun and I feel like I already know her. I think all of us bookish people are that way. I love it when authors are excited and energetic about their books and looking toward the future in publishing, like Amber is.  

We had a nice chat and she signed my ARC and gave me a book mark. I gave her a copy of the newspaper article about her. 

I told Amber what I've been telling those who ask about my fiction WIP lately, that I'm putting it aside while I work on a non-fiction book proposal.  It just about kills me to talk about it and I die a little each time.  But it just feels like my ideas need to sit for awhile as I hone my writing skills in other ways. I think it's the right thing to do, but my greatest goal is to be a full time fiction writer. 

My biggest pet peeve is when published authors tell me that the first novel I write will be crap. I think I have a pretty great idea for a story and I don't want it to be crap. I think that's why I want to wait a bit and write crappy other things first. 

What do you think? Any advice for me? Have any of you felt this way?