Thursday, January 19, 2012

iBooks for Authors makes ebook publishing easy


Are you guys seeing what I am seeing? Today Apple announced a new app for anyone who wants to create an ebook called iBooks for Authors.  It is available in the app store right now for free.  You must have a Mac running OS X 10.7 Lion in order to use it.

I downloaded the app this morning and it is amazing!  User friendly for newbies and those who are pros, this app lets you import media, make slideshows, imbed charts and tables, place 3D images and more.  It has templates to get you started and from there your imagination is the limit. The program allows for an interactive glossary.

Last night my husband and I were discussing my latest WIP, a non-fiction book on Irish dancing.  We both agreed that instead of self publishing it on Amazon like we did The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook, that I should draft a proposal and send it out to publishers.  After seeing what iBooks for Authors offers, I am rethinking my publishing route.  My book is full of Irish dance terminology and multimedia, such as dance demos.

What do you think of this program?  Are you planning to use it?