Monday, August 30, 2010

Food to eat while reading: Organic Imprint Cookies

It’s been awhile since I have read any of Rachel Ann Nunes’ (pronounced noon-esh) books, and I have to say that I liked this one quite a bit. For me it was a quick read because I was so interested that I wanted to see what would happen. That I wanted to keep reading is a good thing. And the cover is beautiful.

What I liked:

Because the character is over thirty years old, this story bridges the gap for those of us who love to read YA paranormals, but sometimes tire of all the teen drama that goes along with them. This story is told through the eyes of Autumn Rain (cool name huh?), a single adult who has an established career and is still looking for love.

The idea of imprints-the ability to glean impressions and memories from objects is gripping, and plausible. I sometimes feel emotion when holding relics of my own, don’t you? So this ability of imprinting is quite believable for me. It opens up hundreds of story possibilities for the author and I am anxious to see what Autumn does next. more...